Fallen Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fallen Heroes

Welcome to the Fallen Heroes guild forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Preparing for Wrath of the Lich King and patch 3.0

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Levenis
Officer

Preparing for Wrath of the Lich King and patch 3.0 Empty
PostSubject: Preparing for Wrath of the Lich King and patch 3.0   Preparing for Wrath of the Lich King and patch 3.0 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:43 am

The time has come yet again where we must cast aside purple for green and strangle along into the unknown. WotLK will, if were lucky, make the christmas release, but theres no need to fret the 51 point talent trees as well as lots of other goodies will be "pre-released" for mass beta in the comming weeks. Along with the new talents is going to be inscription.
Source (blue post): http://blue.mmo-champion.com/16/9236465192-content-patch-before-wrath-of-the-lich-king.html

With this being the case there needs to be someone in the guild ready to pick up inscription WHEN that patch hits and we need to have about 100 of each herb reserved for that person to level up their inscription with. Inscription uses herbs to make a pomice to make it's items with, much in the way you can prospect ore, it takes 5 herb to make one pomice. As we all know and have experienced with Burning Crusade in the first few weeks are the most crucial to get patterns. Now blizzard has announced that they are going to reduce the amount of "world drop" recipes in WotLK, but that doesn't mean they will, just they intend to.
Inscription, however, is not quite the same as JC was or is. In case you haven't read what it allows you to do is numerous things. The key features are:
-Let you create parchment that enchantments (of all kinds and levels) can be placed on. Then you can trade it, sell it, or use it to place an enchantment on an item much like a scroll (bonus for us DnD dorks!).
-Create scrolls of all kinds, including the ones already in the game, in addition to some "hearthstone" scrolls and rumored of course the greatest scroll of resurection (Score two for DnD dorks).
-And finally and most importantly creat Glyphs. Now what a glyph is, is a sort of "enchantment" for your spells. What it allows you to do is augment your spells to better suite a certain spec. Now they have not set a diffinate number on the max glyphs you can enchant yourself with (or a definate anything for WotLK really), but you can estimate around the 10-15 zone. Now these glyphs are cosmetic (white polar bear form), functional (increased Slice and dice duration), and silly (penguin polymorph), but they will be HAWTT sellers for the first 3-6 months for sure.
I know what your thinking. Why the hell did I read this big huge post for a bunch of crap I already know when I was just looking to see the raid schedual?!! Well here's why. You can imagine how much money the first jewel crafter made on the server with all the cuts, and more importantly how much time/money he had to spend to get those. Those people who don't have a guildie with max inscription right off the bat are going to be paying a lot of money for the good glyphs IF they can even get them. If we can designate someone (who hopefully has alchemy) to be our guild inscriptionist we can save ourselves a lot of time and money and hopefully frustion. They will be able to get to 375 before WotLK actually is released and then level past that with the expansion.
Jeff (chilis, thebestrogue, and killorbekill) has his prist Killorbekill that has 375 alchemy, but no second proffesion. I personally can't think of anyone better to pick up our guild inscriptionist with than that, but that doesn't mean there isn't. So please use this forum to advocate nominees or add notes about how to better prepare for WotLK. Illidan seemed to think we weren't prepared for BC, so lets not dissapoint Arthas!
Back to top Go down
http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user
tbr/killorbekill
Admin
tbr/killorbekill

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Wrath of the Lich King and patch 3.0   Preparing for Wrath of the Lich King and patch 3.0 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:06 pm

you fail sir....... i have 375 herbs you big time fail in that part bro
Back to top Go down
Levenis
Officer

PostSubject: Sleepy crits Levenis's clarity for 5000. Clarity dies.   Preparing for Wrath of the Lich King and patch 3.0 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:54 pm

Sry bout that just a typo! I had intended for that to say Herbalism as I was alluding to.
Back to top Go down
http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Wrath of the Lich King and patch 3.0   Preparing for Wrath of the Lich King and patch 3.0 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preparing for Wrath of the Lich King and patch 3.0
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fallen Heroes :: General Forum :: General chat-
Jump to: